Friday, May 30, 2008

Ugh. Why am I so Cautious?

So I'm sitting in a hotel room in Omaha tonight after a party at 10:50pm, because I overdid it last night, and I'd like to have some party left in me tomorrow night for the closing party of the retreat i'm on.

Mind you, on this retreat i'm hanging out with some of the most forward thinking designers in the country, and shaping the future of our professional organization. It's overwhelming, exciting and intimidating along with being one of the best experiences of my career.

One of the designers and advocates for my field that I admire most is out with a HUGE group of girls seeing the Sex and the City Movie, and I stayed in to sleep.

And now I am wishing I was there with them - with HER - hanging out and laughing and crying with those four ladies I love so much.

In other news, I made a new friend -- several of them -- but one that I really hope to maintain a good frienship with and visit beyond this conference. YAY! It's a total coincidence that he and his partner own two bakeries (one specializing in cupcakes) in Pittsburgh!

2 comments:

She Became a Butterfly said...

i'm the same way. but i'm glad you made a new friend!!!!

my ask she is up today. please stop by!

She Became a Butterfly said...

Hey Bloggy Friend!

This Sat, July 28, I'm blogging for 24 hours to raise money for Band of Parents, a non-profit to raise money for pediatric cancer research.

Please follow along with me at:
http://www.bloggingforkids.shebecameabutterfly.net

And donate:
http://www.change.org/myfundraising/BoPBlogathon

It would also be wonderful if you could email this info to your email address book! I want to raise $2,000 for these amazing kids!!

Hugs, She