Wednesday, September 17, 2008

The Big Announcement!

I resigned from my job yesterday.

I've accepted a position at a small (but quickly growing!) design firm as Senior Designer. I'm very excited about the offer, the position, and the location (I heart working in downtown Cincinnati!). I start October 20th.

Once I got it off my chest yesterday with my boss it felt like a year's worth of stress was lifted off of my chest. I felt a little bad for him, because I know i'm leaving him in a really tough position. But I gave him 3.5 weeks of notice, and have already started working on a transition plan.

It hasn't been formally announced yet, and i'm sure that will be another obstacle to get over, but I'm just so relieved to finally have some much-needed change in my life!

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Yeah!!!!!!!!!! Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!

jennifer said...

SO happy for you! That sounds like an awesome title too :) I know you will be fabulous simply because YOU are fabulous!

Rachael said...

Awesome Nikki! The new position sounds great! :) Congrats.