Chris is on furlough next week, and decided that it would be a good opportunity to go visit his Mom. I totally agreed, and secretly was excited that I wouldn't be going along this time.
He left last night, after I'd had an awful meeting with my boss - after week where my small team of four became a team of two. I really didn't want him to leave, but of course, I wasn't going to ask him to stay!
Thank goodness for a good night's rest and a little perspective.
Today has been really great. I love my husband, but had no idea how having today to myself would be such a good thing for me. I did run around with my friend Linda today for a bit, but I got a lot of cleaning done, treated myself to a trip to the Container Store (heaven!), and spent some quality time with the dog. I really think I just needed some time for ME. Not worrying about anything else, staying on my own agenda, and doing some things that were really fulfilling.
I'm sure by the end of tomorrow i'm going to be going crazy wishing Chris was coming back sooner than Wednesday, but for now, i'm soaking in the alone time. I forgot how much I always valued my alone time before I met him. I think it's SOOOOO healthy for both of us.
And I really can't wait for him to see all the work i've done around the house by the time he gets home on Wednesday. Cleaning and organizing has helped lift the funk i've been in for several weeks!
More coming soon - these have been some trying and very busy weeks for me!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
It's always amazing how much more I get done when dh is away.
Post a Comment