Last week was a pretty rough one for me. The weekend turned out to be really great. I have my ups and my downs, but doesn't everybody? What has really struck a chord with me the past couple of days is that THIS TIME when I had the roughest of weeks, I didn't fall back on food. I stayed on track. I ate right. I resisted the sweets - without blinking an eye. And I plan to get back to the exercise regimen tomorrow (the virus i've had is finally clearing up enough that I feel up for a session on the elliptical, or maybe at least a long walk with the dog tomorrow morning).
I have truly made a life change for myself this time. It's been a month, and i've lost 9 pounds. Not bad, right? I have more energy than I've had in years! My summer capris that I was lamenting a month ago which didn't fit? I'm back in them again! I realize that in all my years of doing Weight Watchers, i never really gave up the things that are not good for me, I just compensated in other ways. And really, once you've given them up for a couple of weeks, the cravings aren't so bad.
So, what am I doing?
- Eating Whole Grains (no white flour)
- Eating LOTS of fruits and vegetables (especially green ones!)
- Eating lean protein (beans and chicken are my friend!)
- Drinking LOTS of water
- Cut out the caffeine (yes, really - and I was a coffee and diet coke fanatic! though i do have the occasional green tea 1-2 times per week)
- Cut out the sugar (i've had only 3 servings of sugary food items in 4 weeks...)
- Cut out the artificial sweetener
- Exercising a bunch (training with the C25K program and doing the elliptical machine so that I at least get 30 mins of cardio every day).
- Taking my vitamins! I've never been very good at this before.
- Taking time for myself - i've been planning less for my social life, and purposely scheduling nights to myself each week to plan meals, relax, read, and overall de-stress (if you don't recall, I am a stress eater!)

1 comment:
So many people seem to be struggling to lose weight . . . I just thought I should share my new favorite weight-loss system - Isagenix. My family (parents & siblings) found this after they moved away. At first I hesitated trying it . . . even after they ALL lost weight. But finally my mother convinced me, and starting last month, I began the system. I can't believe I have already lost almost 20 pounds! I was just shy of 200 lbs, which was the heaviest I have ever been, and now . . . 182.4 as of yesterday morning! And its only been 7 weeks. And my husband has lost even more than me! Two months ago I thought this was impossible. I have pain in my hip and neck that really limit my exercise, and I work full time, which makes it hard to find the time to constantly buy and prepare healthy meals. But Isagenix is fast, easy, and very healthy! I spend less on isagenix meals then what I was spending before, and the meals are super fast to prepare. The website is http://reachyourdream.isagenix.com . If you sign up as an associate you get to buy at wholesale prices, which is a lot cheaper! No obligation to sell it, but you can earn $ signing other people up if you just want to. Any questions, just ask me! reachyourdream.isagenix@gmail.com
Post a Comment